Entering 1st – 4th Grade
This summer Harborlight’s elementary program will provide a safe place for children, grades 1-4, to spend time with friends engaged in fun and meaningful experiences. Teachers have been hard at work planning a variety of options for students centered around nature, physical activity, games and specialized content in topics such as Harry Potter, yoga, arts and crafts, creative drama and more. We also understand that many children need to retain or improve academic skills and will take time during the day to provide learning opportunities integrated into our programming.
Be assured that we are planning with the utmost concern for the health and safety of our students and staff. The Department of Early Education and Care has been guiding our program plans through this pandemic and will continue to do so throughout the summer. They have put in extensive measures for social distancing, disinfecting, and health and safety procedures that we will continue as directed throughout the summer.
Students will be required to wear a properly fitted face mask when unable to maintain 6 feet of social distancing. During drop off and pick-up, parents and guardians will not enter the school building and students will be screened daily to ensure they are free from Covid-19 symptoms. Group sizes will be small, and each group will have staff designated to one group only. Groups will not be combined at any point during the school day.
The program runs from the week of 6/29 to the week of 8/24. Weekly tuition is $350 for the program hours of 8:30 am – 3:00 pm. The week of June 29-July 2 is pro-rated to $280 due to the holiday observed on July 3rd. Extended Montessori is available for the added charges of $25 per day for 7:30 am – 8:30 am and $25 per day for 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm.
Week One: June 29 – July 2
Celebrate the Fourth
- Celebrate July 4th week like never before with patriotic crafts and activities.
Week Two: July 6 – July 10
The Science of Superheroes
- Explore the science behind your favorite superheroes and villains through hands-on activities in chemistry, engineering and technology.
Week Three: July 13-17
- Roll up your sleeves and prepare to get messy! In this multi-media art class, we will experiment with a variety of materials and have fun creating art with friends.
Week Four: July 20-24
- Tend to Harborlight’s outdoor gardens and learn about flowers, plants and vegetables. Collect wildflowers for pressing and beautiful paper flower art.
Week Five: July 27-July 31
Video Games Live
- Level up this summer and bring your gaming skills to camp! Give your thumbs a break and play your favorite video games through active challenges, outdoor sports and games. Enter into a world of fun taking on popular games like Fortnight, Mario, Mario-Kart and Pacman.
Week Six: August 3-7
Ninja Warriors: students entering grades 1-4
- Develop your skills and strength with games, obstacles and challenges worthy of a Ninja Warrior!
Week Seven: August 10-14
Art in Nature: students entering grades 1-4
- Explore the relationship between art and the natural world through observation of animals, plants, earth, sky and water. We’ll take time to pause and reflect on the beauty that the natural world provides.
Week Eight: August 17-21
The Wizarding World: students entering grades 1-4
- Calling all Muggles and Wizards! Join us to immerse yourself in the fantastic world of Harry Potter. The sorting hat will divide you into houses and you’ll create your own unique wand and coat of arms. Activities will also include care of magical creatures, a snitch scavenger hunt, quidditch training, dueling dementors and much more. Participation in the tri-wizard tournament will round out this magical week.
Week Nine: August 24-28
Showtime: entering grades 1-4
- Explore the world of theatre through games, exercises and scenes while learning more about stage directions, improvisation and character development.